Texas Medical Waste DisposalHowdy y’all! Texas, the “Lone Star State” is the largest contingent state in the U.S. complete with deserts, pine forests and the famous Rio Grande River that forms its border with Mexico. While Texas may be known for its cowboy boots, Houston is a center of art and space science. Austin, the capital, is universally loved and known for its eclectic music scene. Keeping the vast and gorgeous Texas landscape free of medical waste is easy, when utilizing a trusted provider like Cyntox. Let us help you properly dispose of sharps, expired pharmaceuticals and other bio hazard wastes in Texas.
The State of Texas Definition of Medical Waste:
The term “special waste from health-care-related facilities” (SWFHCRF) is used to define regulated waste, including:
- Animal waste from animals intentionally exposed to pathogens;
- Bulk human blood and blood products;
- Pathological waste;
- Microbiological waste; and
A chain of events is necessary to produce disease from contact with medical waste:
- The waste must contain a viable (capable of living/reproducing) human pathogen (disease producing organism);
- A portal of entry must exist for an organism to enter the body;
- There must be a sufficient number of organisms entering this portal of entry to produce an infection; and
- There must be a susceptible host, and if infection does occur, disease may or may not occur.